Tuesday 1 September 2015

Week 6 - Thinking Tools

"Does gaining into new thinking tools help you to generate better?"







For the past few weeks, I have learnt new thinking tools from my creative thinking module. I have also learnt how to apply these tools into thinking and coming up with inventive ideas.

APC: Alternatives, Possibilities, Choices.
APC is finding alternative, consider possibilities, apply choices to a certain situation or problem. 

PMI: Plus, Minus, Interesting.

BOI: Basic Ordering Ideas
This was a concept developed by Tony Buzan. It was his mind-mapping theory. It was to help radiate out ideas in mind-mapping. Basically, if your first-level topics are well thought through, the rest of the mind map would have a quality content.


Lateral thinking

  • outside the box
  • ability to think creatively 
  • involves discarding the obvious
  • leaving behind traditional modes of though
  • throwing away preconceptions
  • use inspiration and imagination to solve problems by looking at them from unexpected perspectives 
  • provocations of new patterns
Therefore, from all of theses tools that I have learnt, it definitely has helped me to generate ideas better. It also has helped me to present my ideas in a more systematic manner. I hope that I will be learning more thinking tools in the incoming weeks. I look forward into learning more of these thinking tools as it gets me thinking effectively, hence coming up with constructive ideas.  


No comments:

Post a Comment