Sunday 20 September 2015

Week 7 - Class Exercise

Analogical Thinking Pt 1.

Exercise 1: Think of any object that can connect a playful idea of simile, metaphor or analogy.

Simile:




Metaphor: 



Exercise 2: Identify 3 products that use analogical thinking. eg. those inspired by nature or other life forms. 

Disclaimer: These images are taken from google

1. Coat hook inspired by the skyline


2. Esplanade inspired by the durian






3. Tables inspired by the roots of trees



From this exercises, I had a better understanding of a simile and a metaphor and I am now able to differentiate the difference between them. I have learnt that all of these products are invented through thinking analogically. I would have never thought that even a skyline could be a coat hanger and roots to be made into tables. I hope that in the next lesson, I would have a better grasp of understanding the concept of analogical thinking,  

No comments:

Post a Comment